Life and World Changes in the Past Decade


I think if you’re a frequent reader of my posts, you can probably gather all the life changes that have gone on the past 10 years for me. Hey, let’s just reiterate a ton of it anyway and include the world in this oyster!

I think a lot of the changes in life have been due to amount of time invested truly critiquing the flow of my life from age 14 to now. I’ve slowly stopped caring about a lot of things. I evaluate caring based on the amount of energy needed to spend on it and if it’s too much effort to care, then it’s not worth my time. It’s all part of the belief that the world is out to get me and doesn’t want me to have nice things in life. A lot of trying to make some positive things in my life, but never really flowing my way. That’s a tough grind to go through. The course of my growth hasn’t been great in my opinion. Whether it’s through my family, friend, education, or work, there was always something pull me back down when I was trying to fly high. It just made it not worth trying anything. Even now, trying something new is a hard task because I just don’t care enough to do it. To actually try something new, you have to WANT to try it. My standard answer is always “no” because I don’t care enough to try it and I already believe that I won’t like it. I don’t even give it a chance. I’ve been battered down to the point that it’s pointless to do anything. My outlook on my life is quite negative, but resolute. Either I’ll retire by 40 or be dead by 40. I should try to fulfill some great things in that timeframe, but I need to figure out what I want to fulfill. That is a task that’s proven to be very difficult.

Let’s talk about the world. From what I gather (because I barely watch or read anything about local or world news), the globe has gone to shit. I guess it all started in 2012 with that Sandy Hook shooting. Once the media started reporting about all these mass shooting and terror attacks, I become desensitized to every single one of those news reports, that I just stopped caring about them happening. It seemed as if that was the norm to hear about an attack every night. It’s troubling times. We want to talk about gun laws? Well that’s all it is. Just talking. Nothing will change because it takes too long to change things. Too many holes to go through. Either the world is going to fix itself or it’s going to implode. Me? I don’t have much say on these local and global matters because I don’t keep myself informed enough to make a solid opinion. Either I’ll be dead from what the world does or survive a little bit longer. Either way, whichever gets to me to 40.

Oh hey, remember that whole American election thing?

Thanks for reading. So strange that you have such an interest in this topic. You should get an ice cream to reward yourself.