Types of Feedback for Improvement


I’ve learned that harsh criticism is the best type of feedback for improvement. How are you going to take your faults seriously if someone doesn’t nitpick it for you? I learned this from running. I could run the best race of my life, but there’s always something wrong with it. There is always something to work on. This applies to everything.

Your bad grade in school could be, in itself, a criticism of how hard you worked to test yourself on your knowledge at the subject at hand. Then again, you could be terrible at tests like me and just be a failure because you can’t take tests.

What about work? Everything you do could potentially be critiqued. It could be changed in a myriad of ways because one person wants it done this way and the person wants it done the other way. Though the real feedback you get is in your employee review. They might butter up some things, but the criticism is meant to groom you to be the best you can be.

Though in my case, I don’t know how you much better you can get at being completely useless.