Do I Ever Feel Overlooked and Underappreciated?


This is going to be one of those things that I believe is true, but lots of evidence can prove otherwise. Isn’t that weird? To be aware of something that is completely true, but feel the opposite of that truth?

This is like being the last person to be picked on the kickball team at the park. Because no one really wants you on their team. Then when you are on the “unfortunate” team, you basically aren’t treated as a team member at all.

I’m one of those people who believes they’re not valued because their opinions don’t matter. You try to open up and all you do is get shut down. Instead of wasting words trying to have people take in your thoughts and opinions, it might be best to not have them at all.

I’ve always considered myself a hard worker. Though it’s very rare that hard work ever gets you the attention and the appreciation that you’d think you deserve culturally. You might be overshadowed by the other guy who possibly could have worked just a bit harder than you, or one with such natural talent at something that they could get it done more quickly than you. Though, if I’m working hard to get recognize, then that’s already my first mistake. Recognition should be the first reason for your hard work.

It all goes into my older statements about setting very low expectations. I don’t think I’m going to be recognized for anything, no matter how hard I work. When I do, it almost feels as if it’s out of place. The universe is somehow unbalanced due to giving me recognition. While it may be appreciated, it doesn’t make me any happier anyway because of setting those low expectations. Now you may think I’m just being humble, due to my lack of enthusiasm with things like these. Well, there’s always someone bigger and better than you are and I just think everyone is bigger and better than I am.

It used to hurt, a lot. Almost as if someone took credit for something you did. Now, it’s not so bad. My world view thinks that I am overlooked and underappreciated because I don’t deserve appreciation. I still haven’t changed my ways of thinking that the world is somehow working against me. Maybe I’m just not working hard enough, but I’m not working hard for attention, am I?

I think I need to stop writing. It’s not making sense now. I think I screwed this topic up.