PT Week Six 2016 (FINAL)


I finally made it. End of the road.

Physical therapy is now over. I've taken all I've learned to heart. Truly another learning experience.

As I had mentioned in week one, my expectations were low and I was right to set them low. History showed PT did not work to its full potential and honestly, I don't think it did here either.

My leg feels at about 70%. I'm only just starting to run again, but mixing it with walking and doing it all on turf. The pain is neither getting worse nor better at this point, so the only thing left to do is try running and continue exercising and strengthening the muscles.

I wonder if the pain is just going to be there permanently. Was it because I spent too much time being stubborn not seeing a doctor, so I added some permanent damage to it? I don't even know.

So what are my options now? Well, I figure I continue trying to run to see if I can even get to a point where hitting the road is possible. I need to continue the exercises I've learned and make sure I remember the exercises.  I guess having six weeks of logs would be helpful to remember the exercises. Of course, there's always the possibility of surgery. If it is indeed some sort of compartment syndrome, I can always go back and have them run tests to confirm it, then schedule surgery. I'll try avoiding surgery again this time and then when and if I'm financially inclined, if it's not getting better, think about going under the knife.

It's been a tough journey. At least I'm a little less busy now that I don't have to drive to and from.