Do I Believe That Everything Happens for a Reason?


Good question, prompt. For the most part, yes. All the things that happen are causal. Even if it’s not clear, the reason is there. Why did I wake up this morning? Why is my car not starting? Why did I decide NOT to walk in front of the FedEx truck this afternoon? Things like that.

Of course, we’re reading something I’m writing, so obviously we’re going to get into something that may or may not make sense. What if some things don’t have a reason? What if we’re just fated by some higher power to deserve what happens to us? What if we’re just living a simulation like Elon Musk  says and we could instantly wake up from it?

Now since we’ll require my own opinion here, I believe there are some things that have happened to me for no reason whatsoever. Did I deserve these things? If I did, it’s not clear as to why I do. So, I believe there is no reason attached to it. It was just handed to me on a platter. If it was lobster, that would be a good platter, my friend.

We all, for the most part, have studied causality in some way, shape, or form. It’s in our nature to now find reasons to every phenomenon that happens in the world and in our lives.

Of course, just make it easier on yourself. Just not care about it.