The Tinder Experiment - The Results

Source: www.gotinder.com

Well, the week is over. It's time to give out the results and my impressions of my Tinder Experiment. To review the criteria of what I was doing for the the experiment, view my previous post here.

So here are the results:
11/2 – 17 left, 3 right
11/3 – 18 left, 2 right
11/4 – 19 left, 1 right
11/5 – 18 left, 2 right
11/6 – 17 left, 3 right
11/7 – 15 left, 5 right
11/8 – 17 left, 3 right

Very lopsided results, right? Though very consistent. It's basically like I said before; It's basically judging a book by its cover. It's similar to you finding someone on Facebook and creeping on their profile pictures and their interests, then figuring out whether you want to friend request this person, even though you may or may not know them. It was very rare for me to show interest in a person based on their similar interests listed when their photo showed up. Yes, that sounds as if I'm a terrible a person, but I feel overall this is what people do when using the app.

Also, no matches either. Not surprising, but I'm actually not sure how that works. How do you know someone actually sees your profile shows up after you swipe right? Also, do you have to constantly be using the app and showing your current location for your profile to show up in matching? I know some profiles will say "active x minutes/hours ago", but what's the limit to that? I only used the app early morning and late at night, so that probably didn't help so much.

I don't know. The app doesn't exist on my phone anymore. I don't plan on using it again any time in the near future. I have no interest in looking for dates in that app or creeping on profiles. Whatever the true design on the app is, people are hooked with "swiping". I'll never understand it, I suppose.

Comments