Things Worth Waiting in Line For


I think food would be the obvious choice. When you’re hungry, you’re goddamn hungry. This is especially important if you have no other place to go in order to get food. If I was at a place whose line was too long, I’d probably leave and go somewhere else. As long as I have other options.

Aside from the obvious choice, I don’t think I’d wait in line for anything else. I don’t have much patience for waiting in line. Even if it was to get autographs from someone famous. I’m not interested in wasting half the day standing in a line trying to get an autograph from a celebrity.

Or even at a video game convention where they have tons of demos of games to play. The lines are obnoxiously long and the gameplay doesn’t exactly speed up the lines at all. I want to play the game, sure, but I won’t stand in line for 2 hours to get that chance. There are other things to walk around and take a look at as well.

No one has ever solved the line problem. Maybe there are just too many humans. Or no building big enough to disperse the lines and make the shorter. I don’t know.