Deleting My Facebook Account


I did it before about 6 years ago to try and keep my mouth shut. Guess how long I lasted? I think it was about 2 days.

I think it’s hard at this point in the digital age. It used to be that people called and texted each other to meet up in order to update on their lives. Now almost everything you want to know about your friends and family is on Facebook. It’s still the main hub of social interaction. I think you could only want to delete your Facebook account if you wanted to stay off of it while studying for final exams. Or if you actually wanted to have a lack of social interaction. Or if you still believe that calling and texting can still live on as the main point of contact.

Remember email?

I often wonder if I could delete my Facebook account again. Could I live off Twitter for a while? Would anyone notice if I suddenly dropped off the internet? As I continue with my existential life crisis, I would probably think no one would notice. The internet is fast paced. If you’re not there, you’re not there. You’re forgotten very quickly.

For now, I’ll stick with it, publicly making fun of this thing I call life.