Being In Love


I think there’s multiple interpretations of this. Contrary to what is typically socially acceptable, the feelings you have for someone don’t have to be always romantic to be considered ‘love’. I don’t even think you have to have intentions of dating them or actually be dating them in order to consider your feelings love.

I think having a general feeling of care for someone can count as being in love. It’s exactly as it’s phrased. You can just be really good friends. Just don’t make it weird by making it look romantic. It’s not necessary. Adoration, worshipness. They can all be friendly feelings of affection that can be considered love.

I guess the question here as I write this is, have I ever been in love, whether it’s what is the social norm, or the other way? Yes, of course. It’s easier to interpret now as an adult, rather than as a child or a teenager. I wouldn’t consider crushes being in love. You have an attraction to them, but don’t really know if your feelings interpret into love, maybe because you don’t know them enough. Blurred lines here. Consider me not an expert. For me, I think I’ve discovered what being in love is for the first time, based on the criteria that I’ve laid out. I’ve found common ground. I’ve “found what I’m looking for”, so to speak. Unfortunately, most of it just involved being “friend zoned”, but hey, you get what you get. Having affection for a friend isn’t wrong, as long as you don’t do anything to make it wrong. Don’t blur the lines.