Having Self-Control

Self-control? Well that’s certainly something that could be useful for many things. I think that’s important to have so that one doesn’t do anything that they may possibly regret.

Thought self-control doesn’t have to have a severe result. It could be as simple as how long can you go without checking Facebook? Or can you stop yourself from grabbing a candy bar and just grab an apple instead? Things like that.

I’d like to think that I have good self-control. You, the one reader, might think otherwise after reading this. The only time I think I truly have bad self-control is when I’m excited for something to happen, but I don’t want it to happen too early or too late. I’m very good at planning something funny ahead of time, but the drawback is that when you plan it so well ahead of time, you want to play it as soon as possible. That’s tough to hold back because you know it’s good and you want the other parties to know it’s good also. What a great thing to have self-control for, right?

I think what’s better to have self-control for is when you’re talking to others. I’ve always been told, “Think before you speak”. That’s something that sticks to me. You never want to make something awkward or make someone angry or offend them. Hell, you don’t even want to annoy them. Words are important. How you choose to say them can make or break relationships. Conversations would always be awesome if people just thought of what they were going to say before they say it. As long as it adds value to the conversation, rather than just useless babble. It’s one of the reasons why I stay so silent. If I can’t add something when others or talking, might as well not talk. Listening is better. You can learn some new things along the way by listening to other people talk.

Don’t I have the greatest self-control ever? No? Well I figured I was the only reader of this post anyway so I can’t really be judged.

Comments