Enjoying Being Alone

Photo by JSLR Productions (2015) www.jslrphoto.com
Hahahahahahahaha

This is seriously probably one of the best topics I will ever write about myself. Are you ready for the entertainment of a lifetime? Buckle up kiddos! Wait, I’m still talking to myself, right? No one else is reading this? Well, moving on…

I think the easy answer would be yes, I enjoy being alone. Though by my observation, what I’m exposed to tells me otherwise.

I mean, the pleasures of doing things on my own. Running, video games, television, reading, and many others. The only one to dictate the flow of these activities is me. It’s a wonderful thing. Though what happens when it becomes your routine, doing things alone? In a way, I kind of long for doing something with other people, but it’s not something I’m racing to do (har har, running pun not intended, so shut up).

I lie between the lines of many social groups, but none of which I can call my own. Each interaction makes it difficult for me to fit in. I don’t know why it’s so hard, but my reasoning probably isn’t so bright. I spend more time walking along the lines rather than crossing them. For the most part (let’s say 70%) it isn’t so bad.

What about friends you ask? I don’t have friends, DERP. If I had friends, they’d invite me to stuff right? Now I’m not going to get into this whole “Well why don’t you be the one to plan something” bullshit. I’ve been trying to plan stuff for years. Every time I try to plan something, it fizzles into nothingness. Then when someone else plans something, it’ll happen, but I’m somehow left in the dust. Might as well just be left in the back of someone’s brain, only to be remembered when it’s too late (some joke is here somewhere).

Maybe I’m forever fated to be alone. Though I don’t believe in that destiny thing. The cards I have been dealt, maybe they were dealt for a reason. Life is rough (and ruff too). It’s a thing. I’ll enjoy what I have, whether it’s with the company or others or not.

Now where’s that candied bacon?