9 Miles Down



I said in my previous entry that I wanted to do something to honor the Boston Marathon and its victims. It’s not the greatest idea that I had, but I decided to go forth with it anyway. From May 1st to May 26th, I decided to run a mile each day until I reached 26.2 miles, where the last day I run 1.2 miles instead of 1. Had a rough start, getting sick May 3rd and May 4th and was unable to run, but extended my program to May 28th to let it all add up correctly. I wear the “Boston Stands as One” shirt from Adidas on every run to honor it all. It allows me to also get back into a good fitness level and stay injury-free and sick-free. It’s been a lot of fun thus far and I know I’m far from being completed with it. 17 days left and I’m itchin’ to get out everyday and get my goals in. With school being over it only gives me more time to invest in it. Below is the results of times and distances of my runs using the Nike+ Sportswatch. Time isn’t really a big issue here, but I like to keep it as a statistic. I’ll try to keep everything updated each week so people who want to follow this will be informed. Once again, thanks to everyone who has honored this tragedy in their own way and for donated to One Fund.

May 1st
1.0mi. 8:50
May 2nd
1.0mi. 8:52
May 3rd
1.0mi. 7:56
May 6th
1.0mi. 9:12
May 7th
1.0mi. 9:00
May 8th
1.0mi. 9:09
May 9th
1.0mi. 9:16
May 10th
1.0mi. 8:14
May 11th
1.0mi. 9:08

Comments