16 Miles Down




Another week down. Another 7 miles down. I’ve been feeling really good this past week with my running and supporting the Boston Marathon each step of the way makes me feel even better. “Boston Stands as One”, that’s the shirt I wear on each run with pride, because supporting our victims, first responders, and fellow runners is something I feel is so important. It’s been a month since that tragic day, but people still need our help. My running is a reminder of that. Continue going out, running races that support these victims, donate to One Fund, etc. Just do whatever you can to help out. No one does this to our home. It just isn’t right.

Now back to my running. Some old injuries were creeping up this week, which is why my times are all over the place, but as I said, pace and fast times aren’t the goal. I’m not surprised the injuries are coming up because I took into account that I may be rushing into to running every day. I mean before I started I was running 2-3 times a week and to run 7 days a week for 26 days is a tough task for someone coming off injury. I’m staying cautious, but confident to get this done. I’ll update again next week.

May 12th - 1.0mi. 8:32
May 13th - 1.0mi. 8:35
May 14th - 1.0mi. 8:12
May 15th - 1.0mi. 7:34
May 16th - 1.0mi. 9:08
May 17th - 1.0mi. 9:12
May 18th - 1.0mi. 8:44

Comments