26.2 Miles in 28 Days


IT’S DONE!

Since May 1st I had run a mile a day until May 28th (today), where I ran 1.2 miles to complete a long journey o honor the Boston Marathon victims. I didn’t think running just one mile everyday for 3-4 weeks would hurt so much mentally and physically, but I toughed it out and completed it.
I know there were other ways I could have honored those victims, but I wanted it to do it my way, on my own terms, and man did it feel great! My “Boston Stands as One” shirt was worn on all running days and it smells of sweat, tears, and hard work.

I would have finished two days ago except I got sick for two days during the journey. It was so great to honor the victims, the history of the Boston Marathon and the city of Boston, and runners all over the world.

For now, it’s a lot of recuperation until I take on my next running journey. Had a lot of old injuries creep up towards the last week of running.


Thank you all for keeping up with my updates throughout the journey. I love you all.

Comments