Snow Is A No Go

Blizzard 10:04

I used to be able to tough out runs that are cold and where snow is all over the roads, but it’s seriously a demoralizing feeling when you have those elements. I really wanted to keep my second week of running really good, but with that snowstorm that came on Tuesday, everything just went crap. I mean sure, the sun came back the next day, but I just wasn’t having it. It was still windy and cold and the snow is just an obstruction.

If I was healthy and in moderate shape, I would have gone out in the cold and done a good run. Since I am in the recovery stage, I decided to opt out of it. I want to be able to get the muscles nice and warm without having to do too much extra stuff. The cold would just require me to do too a little too much to get warmed up properly. It would take up too much time; time that I don’t have because of how much schoolwork I have to deal with every day. I got one run in on Monday, a nice, easy 10 minutes with death on the uphill I had to go through in the last two minutes. I definitely don’t have the endurance I want yet, but so far consistency has been the goal and I feel as if I have done that.

Week 3 will begin tomorrow and I will get a run in Sunday. Since it seems more snow is on the way Monday, I will have to start the week off earlier.

Comments