Slower Start Than Expected

Photo

Third week in and it’s certainly not getting any easier. First I avoid the snow from last week and run this week being completely out of shape. Now I've apparently forgotten that school work picks up end of March to mid-April, making it twice as hard to get the time to run because I need to invest all my time into studying.

This week I managed a run on Sunday and Wednesday. Both were just awful. Temperature-wise, it was exactly where I could hope around this time. Those days were upper 40’s with just a slight wind, so a short-sleeve was acceptable. I tried to get a Friday run in, where it was 55, sunny, just a light breeze, but NOPE. School was calling me on a Friday. Had an assignment due online that Friday and had invested from 3pm-7pm working on it. After it was over, it was dark outside and I was just flamed out from the work I had to do.

Bunch of exams and projects due within the next two weeks and I will not be a happy camper. Definitely going to try and start a run tomorrow, because the week will just be too unpredictable to determine whether or not I have the time to run or not. I’m feeling the pain from old injuries, only because I haven’t had the time to strengthen them so all the progress probably got undone. I definitely will have to work on that.

Comments