Back With a New Focus



It’s been a long time coming, but I think I’m finally ready to bring this blog back to life and bring a whole new focus to it.

My blog basically consisted of many different topics over the past few years, but it’s time to just narrow it down to one thing. I’ve decided to have my blog focus solely on my running. People have probably thought that’s what the blog was all about the whole time, but seriously, take a look at my old posts and you’ll see that it hasn’t always been that way.

I want to change the focus because I need something that will keep me motivated to continue running. I’ve had to deal with and still have to deal with different injuries over the past few years and let me say that it has been a tough journey to come back and even run to stay in shape. It’d be nice to compete in a road race every once in a while, but that will never happen unless I get some nice, consistent, injury-free running.

I took this spring break to start a new schedule. I want to start running 3 days a week for about 10 minutes at a nice easy pace, but on the runs focus on the form and the way my foot lands on the ground. Before a run I’ll implement drills that get the muscles warmed up and stretched so that I have a full range of motion without any pain. After the run, focus on the core and strengthen old injury areas so that pain doesn’t return.

It’ll be a very slow process, but I’m feeling confident that something good will come out of it. I enjoy running and I like to stay in shape, especially during the school year, where it’s very hard to get workouts in because of classes and homework. The goal is to keep this blog updated every week with running progress or running information. It’d be like, a really good thing.

Comments