PT Week Two



The second week of physical therapy is over, and now it’s time for me to log what has happened this week. The real work really began through this week.
Day 1: 6 minute bike warm-up, then stretches on calves. Then 2 sets of 20 moving feet outward, inward, and dorsiflex to really work the ankle muscles. Used theraband for increased resistance. Next, lunges with feet landing on sloped foam pad, focusing on even foot pushoff (2 sets of 10 on each leg). Then 2 sets 10 on each leg of side lunges. To end the day, 2 sets of 10 squats on a wobble-board, and 10 minutes ice.
Day 2: 5 minute bike warm-up, then the same stretches as day one. The exercises were relatively the same, except the side lunges become 2 sets of 15 since I showed increased flexibility upon performing the lunges. Then instead of the wobble-board, it was 2 sets of 10 squats on a half-ball pad. Ice after of course.
Overview: Pain/soreness is typically felt during the morning hours, then it goes away during stretching. The strengthening is definitely going to help, even though my hamstrings feel extremely sore and tight. I’m confident I will be back to good health soon, and I have gotten clearance to try 20 minutes on the bike next week! So hopefully no problems will persist and I can increase the biking length.

Comments