PT Week One

I’m trying to keep a personal log going on my progress in physical therapy so I can start running again, so I can keep myself in check. This week was all evaluation and testing to see what is the best course of action for my shins.

Day 1: Just a basic chat of how my injury occurred and where the pain is generally located. Took a look at my feet and watched how I walked down 25 feet. Overview, the orthotics that I have been wearing for about 3 years with no problem, could suddenly be a problem. I’d come back the second day to get a second opinion from another physical therapist.

Day 2: Second opinion about my feet. First, six minute bike ride for warm-up. No problems. More feet checking and walking to see how my feet work. I dorsiflex to cause a longer stride take down, and my feet are uneven upon impact to the ground, causing my foot to push down longer to take off. It’s possible that it’s a result of the orthotics I wore. Next, onto a machine that measures my arch type and center of gravity. It recommends me to wear an orthotic that has more support towards the back of the foot into the midfoot. After that, learned a new calf stretch.

Overview: The week has been awesome in terms to pain feeling. For some reason Wednesday onto Friday night I felt no pain or soreness in the shins. I didn’t really change anything in the exercises I did, so I guess it’s a little strange. I felt sore this morning, but iced it and it’s been feeling good since. When I get more exercises during week two, I bet I’ll surely be on my way to returning to my regular activities.

Comments