What I’d Like to Memorize



One of the biggest challenges I have is remembering stuff that’s going to get me through life. The things I learned in school in order to prepare me for the real world are the important things I tend to forget. I can remember what day I wore shirt X, but I can’t remember how to use a pointer in C. What if I need that and Google isn’t my friend!? This is my struggle.

I’d like to think developing a process allows you to memorize things more easily. I used to do that with vocabulary words. Flash cards to run through 5 times before the test. Except after the test is over, I’ve completely forgotten the definitions. That short term memory, man. I wish it was like riding a bike.
Even if I can’t memorize the things that’s going to keep me alive after 40, I guess what’s more valuable to me is memorizing events that take place in life. I like to go through them with such accuracy because I don’t want my brain to make stuff up. Memories are great and they can be a good memorization exercise because you want to remember the events that are important to you.

Does this even make sense? Am I throwing words in here again? Sigh… I shouldn’t write when I have a headache.