PT Week 2 2016


How’s it going? Ready for this?

Overall, the pain has decreased significantly. I can only attribute it to the Graston, since that’s the only thing that was different to what I did 5 years ago. So far, so good.

Besides the the same stretches, there wasn’t too many new exercises for day one. Just one where I did thirty repetitions moving my ankle like a windshield wiper. That one was interesting I guess.

Day two brought some unusual moments.

The night before, the pain increased for no reason. I did nothing different from my regular routine. Just shot up to a 5 in the pain scale. Then today, it didn’t feel so bad up until I arrive at my appointment. Probably about a 4 at that moment.

After another round of Graston, felt significantly better. The stretches were the same.

Exercises were “new” for the session, but not new for me. Side and forward lunges 2x15 on a wedge. On a balance board, 2x10 squats. I wobble like a maniac. Thank you, based railing. Then to end it, the heel drop 2x15.

So compartment syndrome, I’m not convinced it’s going to go away just with PT. Today felt like a small hiccup where I felt I did nothing wrong. A little discouraging. It’s almost as if I’m doing PT to delay the inevitable of the pain coming back at some point. Then we’ll probably just go forth and get surgery. I don’t know. I set low expectations for PT and it’s still early in the game, so I’ll try my best to not let this hiccup get to me.