Snow in October - A Disaster


Who would’ve thought, snow in October? I figure it’d be fitting to write about it before November begins. It must be a first for some people, to see a snowstorm in October. I know it’s a first for me as far as I can remember. Are global warming theories coming alive again after this snowstorm? I don’t think one storm in the eastern coast could justify any of those theories.

I know it’s the weekend of Halloween and for some people this storm really put a dent on their plans. It sucks not having to be able to go out in some costume that’s suited for a warmer day or the storm strands you from walking a great distance to an awesome party. For those who said “The hell with it” and partied hard regardless of the storm, I salute you, because I spent a good 6+ hours in a computer lab doing homework. I made my commitment.

Anyway, the aftermath of this storm was pretty substantial I guess. Just listening in on some figures and hundreds of thousands of people have no power. It’s rough that the first snowstorm of the year had to be wet and heavy, so they’d break power lines and trees. Some areas won’t even have electricity restored for a couple days. My family won’t have it restored until 9PM (supposedly). It sucks. I feel for all those people without power. I know we live in New England and we should be used to storms (minus ones in October), but having power outages as severe as this isn’t good for anyone. I wish all families well and a quick restoration to their power.

And for those students who are hoping for no classes/school because of the storm’s effects, good luck with that too. I’m kind of hoping as well.

Comments