Why is it So Much Harder the Second Time Around?

It’s a brand new school year, with much more difficulties ahead. I can’t explain it, but for some reason the academic year is so much harder to get into as opposed to the first year. Is it because I’ve been here before and know how the system works and my mind just thinks it’s accustomed back into a groove? Or maybe it’s that I still got all that rust from the summer still coming off, so I’m behind on my studies?

I don’t want to dig myself into a whole and start failing classes 2 weeks into the year because I’m unable to study due to the laziness of summer or some shit like that. Although there’s one class that I’m 3 classes into, and I’m having a quiz next week, not know what the hell is going on in there. Maybe it’s the professor’s inability to explain what we’re trying to learn here. It’s probably that. In addition, most of us in there didn’t even know what book we need until the second class. Well, I’m going to have fun studying for that quiz.

I also found it a lot harder for me to read the textbooks. I mean, last year I’d be able to read the textbooks as if it was nothing. Now I can’t even focus on the words too much anymore. I just get off focus and skim until I’m done, not knowing what I just learned.

I’m hoping it’s just academic rust I’m getting rid of, and that it doesn’t kill me for the semester. I still got many weeks to go through until winter break.

Comments