Running Update - September

With time running out in the month, I’d figure I would update the blog with one more post for September. With a stressful couple of weeks I haven’t been able to think of topics or find time to post. So I’m going to write something easy, which is my running update thus far.

Since I haven’t updated my running since the PT posts, I’ve got a lot of ground to cover, but I’ll keep it brief. The summer was pretty much a build-up period in order to gain mileage and strength back into myself after a 10 month sting where I forced myself not to run so that the injury wouldn’t get worse. With orthotics and various exercise and stretches, the pain minimized greatly towards the end of the summer, but I’m lacking sufficient endurance to run the mileage I want.

It’s quite a rebuilding time period as it is. As of now, pain in certain areas have disappeared and wouldn’t come back unless I tried upping to much in mileage. Also, some old spots have started to become aggravated after trying to train myself to run with a forefoot prose. Hopefully with the continuing of stretching and strength exercises in the areas of my ankles/shins, that pain will go away.

Currently in miles in one sitting, I’m at about 2 miles, though it’s still tough to get those done. I wish I had the endurance I had in high school, but 10 months off is a real killer, and hopefully this slow build-up period will really benefit me in the long run.

Comments