The Latest Fad that is Twitter

Why? I seriously don’t understand it. As my memory serves, the things I hear or read about people’s opinions on Twitter were very negative. Generally heralded as “stupid” or “pointless”, now there has been a large turn of events. Many people are suddenly joining the microblogging social networking site, where essentially it’s a Facebook “status update” through one’s day. I still don’t understand why many people have started to join.

I guess people could be bored with Facebook. I mean, pressing the “like” button isn’t enough for you anymore? Their minds are trained to try something new, even if it’s something that they used to dislike. I find Twitter is such an example. People didn’t understand why others would mindlessly write about their lives on a site for other people to read. Now, they’re joining in that experience, mindlessly writing about their lives. Something to ponder, I suppose.I mean, it’s great that many are joining Twitter, as I am one frequent “tweeter” myself. I just don’t want it to turn into a Facebook-like thing. The cool thing about Twitter is that you can choose who you can follow. If a person follows you, you don’t necessarily have to return the favor. My only annoyance is that if friends start following each other, then what’s the point of joining Twitter? You have Facebook to communicate with your friend electronically. I feel as if Twitter has the purpose of sending out a message to reach others through your day. You get to follow your favorite celebrities or athletes and see what they’re up to, and pretty much communicate with them that way.

My only advice? Don’t follow all your friends on Twitter. Reach out and follow celebrities or things that really interest you. Something that’s worth “retweeting”.

Comments