PT Week Three


The third week of physical therapy is completed, and the progress over the week has been astonishing.
Day 1: 6 minute bike warm-up, then stretches on calves. 2 sets of 20 hop lunges to the front and sides to really control that impact. Then 2 sets of 20 on a plyo-box having one foot staying flat on the box, while lowering the other leg onto the ground. Next, 3 minute walk on the treadmill, then 4 minute jog on the treadmill, then 3 minute cooldown walk. 10 minute ice at the end.
Day 2: 6 minute bike warm-up, then the same stretches as day one. 1 set of 15 lunges going forward, then to the sides onto a foam pad. Then the 2 sets of 20 on plyo-box. After that, with a medicine ball, 20 side throws balancing on one foot. To end it, 2 minute walk on the treadmill, then 5 minute jog, then 2 minute cooldown walk. 10 minute ice to end it.
Overview: I’m a little shocked as to the rate of progression that they have seen through my short time there. Just last week I asked if I could start biking 20 minutes, and that had felt fine on Tuesday. Then I jumped into the jogging and that has had minimal problems. I’m still a little skeptical as to the rate I’m going, but I’m taking this as a big positive. My plan will still stay the same, however. I’m not going to rush into running anytime soon. I think it’s best to continue with the bike and progress slowly with some turf jogging mixed in between. As long as I continue my stretches and exercises, The recovery will be great.

Comments