PT Week Four



My last week of physical therapy has given me some mixed results.Day 1: 6 minute bike warm-up, then stretches. After that, 2 sets of 20 side squats with medicine ball rotation. Then moving onto medicine ball throws front and side, 2 sets of 20 while on foam board. 2 sets of 20 hop lunges to the front, then to the side. Then calf stretches. Now onto the treadmill with a 2 minute walk, 6 minute jog, 3 minute walk, 3 minute jog, then 2 minute walk cooldown. More stretches, then 10 minute ice to end the day.
Overview: I’m still shocked as to how well the pain has subsided over the course of a month or so, but it’s definitely a positive thing. It still gets sore from time to time, but hopefully I’ll be able to get back to running soon enough. I was advised to get into it very slowly, so definitely patience is a large virtue. Next week I’ll start my slow ascension, and hopefully some good results will come from it. I’m kind of nervous, since the injury has been such a burden, but I’m confident I will pull through. I’ve learned so much about my own body and the injuries that come with it, and that will help me grow as person/athlete/runner.

Comments