formspring.me - Honesty Box Part 2?

I’m a big Facebook guy. I don’t really know why, but the whole social networking this seems to be so addicting and fascinating to me. Well, I bring to my blog today to review some very interesting social networking applications. We all remember a specific one such as “Honesty Box”. That’s the crazy application that allows literally anyone say something about you anonymously. Of course, the people who add this application are expecting really good compliments, but obviously that’s not the case. I’m not really sure why people would want to endure the sheer insults put into the application, but sure, it’s only a fad.


That soon died down and here we are in 2010, with a new type of fad. This one, known as “formspring.me” involves asking questions anonymously (or not) to people who have created their own account. When you think about it, it’s kind of the same thing as Honesty Box. I mean, no one actually asks a question on that thing, but rather decides to express their own opinion in 12 point font on a computer. Most people just have this formspring for pure entertainment to read these kinds of criticisms.


Of course, I’m not writing this about the general public. I also am a victim of this social fad, purely for the entertainment of it. I’m fully aware that people can dislike me for various reasons would have nothing better to do than to ask me a really insulting question or describe me in an extremely risqué adjective.


Well, I hold my formspring to high standards, only answering legitimate questions, no matter how harsh they might come out as. It keeps it interesting, I suppose. I mean, it’s only a fad surely to die down within the coming months.


But if it’s not and you’re suddenly coming across reading this, you can go onto my formspring.me and ask me a really interesting question, or decide to criticize me in an affectionate way.


http://www.formspring.me/Caofontaine



Comments