Week 3 - Faster Than Before?


WELP! I missed my post for week 2 and almost didn’t bother writing one for week 3, but I had to get this one out. Week 3 out of 7 in this work out program I designed for myself and things are a lot better than expected. Sure, I feel a bit of pain in certain areas, but I’ve been listening to my body more and taking the appropriate measures to make sure they don’t worsen of the course of the next several weeks. The pace is faster, the strength is there, and I’ve been feeling so much better with this whole running consistently thing in my life.

I’m still trying to take it slow, hopefully not rushing with the pace so I don’t hurt myself again. The workout Saturday was the “Magic Mile”, running 7:19 on 80% effort. Being under 7 minutes could have been easily possible, but I’m in no rush to do so. I shouldn’t even be in a rush to do it at all because I’m not training for anything. It’s a nice touch to everything though.


Week 4 approaches, but the more exciting thing is the IAAF World Championships in Moscow, Russia going on all during the week. Lots of great track action from this weekend and even more upcoming. Read articles, tweets, or watch TV to keep up with it. I definitely am keeping myself updated.

Comments