Week 1 - Rediscovery


It’s been 2 months, I know. I haven’t updated this thing in a while and I really want to try to keep posting because it makes me feel happy. I went through some changes after I finished my Boston Strong Honorary Run in May. I got a job. Like a real job. With money and stuff. What I didn’t realize was that a full-time job really robs you of your free time. I also had to juggle with a summer class as well. Having those put together didn't allow me to work out as often as I wanted to and as hard as it is to believe, I actually put some pounds on only running 2-3 days a week. I just get tired after work and am too lazy to do anything.

Well, that all changed starting last week.

In order to better my fitness and improve my love for running, I decided to create a workout plan for myself. It seems to be the only way to get myself to run consistently is when I have a workout plan ready to go. There are no excuses with this plan and I can force myself to get out and do what I love to do.


Good thing the first week went better than I could ever hope for. I felt great and past injuries were not nagging me as much as they normally do. I tried to mix up the pace so that my body could get a little variety, along with different terrains. I think the only negative part of week 1 was that pacing on a track is REALLY HARD. I’m always going faster than I plan to go and it really throws the whole run off if you can’t get your pace together. It’s something I certainly will be working on towards week 2 and I’m very excited for it! So please, stay tuned.

Comments