The "I Had Fun" Speech


I said I was going to write this in April of 2010, but I guess a lack of motivation to write had kept me away from it. Basically this topic is about having fun. It's about doing the things you love and how fun it is to be doing it just because of the passion that you have for it. It's an important aspect for school, sports, or education.

You love doing the things you do because you're interested at it, good at it, or have this unrelenting desire to improve at whatever you're doing. Focusing in an athlete's perspective, I'll explain the fun concept.

When an athlete competes, they all think about winning or improving a time or distance (track & field perspective). When the results are good, you're happy. If they're bad, you're not happy. I understand why an athlete would be upset when they don't achieve a certain goal. You're participating in a sport you have a passion or at least an interest in. The result shouldn't matter as much because you're out there doing what you're doing. Having fun should be all that matters. Participate in a sport because it's fun, not because you're good at it and you have to put up with all the workouts. It should be fun, not miserable. For the love of the sport.

Comments