The Good and Bad Things of Snow


It’s the season that comes every year, and it’s the one that gets on my nerves the most. That is Winter, and what it entails is snow. Snow is just one of those love/hate relationships. You can have fun with it, but at the same time, it’s also a pain in the butt. I mean, waking up in the morning to look outside and see the snow is exhilarating. I mean, that probably means you have no school. Except on your day off, you’re ending up shoveling all that snow. So much for the day off.


So the good stuff about snow seems pretty minimal. I mean, you get no school, as long as your town isn’t a jerk and makes you come in. There are also snowball fights. I’m not sure who really participates in those unless you’re 7 years old, but I guess that works too. Then there is probably the best activity ever in the Winter: Sledding. Sledding is just amazingly awesome. I mean, you’re using whatever materials you can to slide down a snowy hill (assuming you can’t afford a real sled). It seriously cannot get any better than that. That’s what makes snow truly amazing.


Now the intolerable part of snow, which is the shoveling. Shoveling snow is just a pain in the neck. The after-effects from shoveling all that snow is unbearable. Soreness and back pain are two notable ones of large complaint. It’s something that’s made me like Winter less and less every year. Just the thought of shoveling causes discomfort in my body.


Whichever way you take it, this is Winter and its pros and cons.


Comments