What to Do, What to Do, What to Do



Well, Thanksgiving was yesterday. I’m sure people enjoyed their football games and family get-togethers with Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, Stuffing, and not to mention that sensational Pie. Well, I was not one of those people who enjoyed the luxury of the Thanksgiving holiday, as my family does not celebrate it with open arms. So I “enjoyed” a very relaxing day. Of course, that entailed watching the last 10 minutes of the Burlington/Lexington Football game, only to go on a 5 mile run after it, and sitting at home for the entire day not doing anything. Of course, that time also gave me much time to think about certain things.


Realizing I am a senior and such in this secondary school system, I’ve come to think about the high school life, and what it contains. The education, the athletics, the pep rallies, skipping class, theater plays, and romance; I’ve analyzed too much of those. Well basically, it all has to do with what to do. I’ve always been a person who has a plan, who analyzes every situation before acting upon it. Does it always work? Well, I can say that it most definitely doesn’t in certain things that involve the school’s society.


I guess what I’m trying to say is, thinking too much doesn’t help much at all. Analyzing every situation, looking at all the loopholes and faults in play leads to failure at times. You’re looking for perfection, but all you’re getting is confusion, fear, and doubt. You’re afraid to act on your planned action, and then it would be too late to do anything about it. I’ve had many types of decisions like this before, and I spent yesterday looking back on all this. It’s annoying and painful to look back on, but hey, I had all of Thanksgiving to do so, and had to get my thoughts out the next day.


I guess what I’m saying is, I don’t really know what to expect anymore. Too much planning has caused enough fears and doubts to go on, and I don’t like missing opportunities, and I certainly don’t like ruining them either.



Comments