The Summer that isn't Summer and Picnik Champs


My first creation which started my spur of unknown talents.


Alright, so school ended for all those underclassmen yesterday and we’re all happy cheery and all that nonsense. People are swimming, tanning, drinking smoothies, and burning all their school materials in that awesome fire pit. Or so we thought… We teenagers expect the end of school and the beginning of summer vacation to be hot, with the sun beaming down on us at every moment of the day. Right now, it’s currently nonstop rain hindering us from going out doing the summer-like things we know and love. I mean the rain washes out the pollen and help our grass grow, so that must be something we love, right!? Although that might be true, we actually like to enjoy swimming in our own pools when that solar object shines upon our very faces. So basically, all we have to say is, “Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day”. Seriously, preferably come back in autumn.

Now drifting away from the topic of seasons, I want to talk about a new talent I’ve somehow been marked with. So I was extremely sick one weekend and I couldn’t sleep. I was surfing my way through the web browser (not really, just Facebook) and I decided to use the “Picnik” Application on Facebook. Now for those who don’t know what that is, Picnik is a website (application on the FB) which allows you to take photos from your computer or a social networking site and edit them into something out of your creative mind. Now before I go into any further details, how about I finish my little story? Well, as I continue surfing the web around 11:30PM sleepless and coughing, I decided to make a creative Track picture. I finished it around 12AM the next morning, and decided to leave it in one of those photo album things for people to view. Unbeknownst to me, critics on the FB actually thought it was good. With that, somehow I got hooked on it, creating picture after picture, getting positive reactions from my creations. I’ll admit that I’m not a man of many talents, but I suppose I’ll take the “Picnik” talent, no matter how weird it sounds.




Comments